COVID 19 - Sacraments
We have received some guidance from the Archdiocese related to the cautious opening of churches. For the general guidelines which includes some guidelines for baptisms, weddings and funerals click here. For guidance related to confessions click here.
We do not have a date for the resumption of Masses at Bishop Eton. The number of attendees at each Mass will be strictly limited due to social distancing. We need a team of helpers to act as stewards, if you can help please email the parish office
The number of Masses scheduled will be limited by volunteer and clergy availability.
Archbishop Malcolm and the other Metropolitan Archbishop's have stated that the obligation to attend Sunday Mass is still suspended and are encouraging people to attend weekday Mass instead if possible Fr Tim will continue to record Sunday Mass for the forseeable future and we will continue posting on our facebook page https://youtube.com/c/bishopetonparish and this website.
It is also recommended that the vulnerable carefully consider the wisdom of returning to Mass too soon.
The questions below and their linked answers will answer many of your questions. If the answer to your question is not here please email the parish office
- Is the church open for private prayer?
- What is the Mass Schedule for Bishop Eton?
- Will I notice any changes to Mass ?
- What about my Sunday obligation?
- Can I watch Mass online?
- What is the Pastoral Area Schedule for Mass and/or Private Prayer?
- What are the current guidelines for Baptisms?
- What are the current guidelines for Confession ?
- What are the current guideline for Weddings?
- What are the current guidelines for Funerals?
- Have the 2020 First Holy Communions been rescheduled ?
- Can my sick relative be annointed?
- Can I receive communion at home ?
- I'm a minister of communion - can I continue with my rounds?